Every year St. Luke’s receives hundreds of proposals for advertising opportunities. Our proposal process ensures that we can thoroughly and fairly evaluate the proposals we receive and make the best use of our resources.
Advertising Opportunity Proposal (AOP) Process
- Download our Advertising Proposal Form
- Advertising vendor fills out AOP and submits via fax or email.
- AOP is reviewed and evaluated for completeness and alignment with a St. Luke’s goal as stated below.
- Meetings are scheduled with the AOP vendor representative, if appropriate, or if more information is needed.
- A decision is made and the vendor is notified.
We review and evaluate proposals on the first and third Tuesday of every month. Decisions are made and vendors are notified by the second and fourth Friday of every month.
As a 501(c)3 and a trusted health care provider, it’s important that we’re good stewards of our advertising dollars. We don’t take this responsibility lightly. Our primary focus is on advertising opportunities that are:
- Cost-effective: We look for advertising opportunities that reach the greatest number of target audience members at the most efficient cost.
- Measurable: We prefer paid, subscription-based publications, or those whose audiences have been audited by an established, credible third party.
- Print: When an audience subscribes to a publication and pays for it, we have a high confidence that the publication is being read, which increases the likelihood of our ad being read. If the publication is not subscription-based, we look for a third-party analysis of circulation such as an audit by the Audit Bureau of Circulations. This analysis assures us that the publication is being read, not just distributed.
- Broadcast: For broadcast media, we review Nielsen, Arbitron, or Eastlan data for listenership/viewership numbers and ask the media to perform a post-buy analysis to measure if the audience was delivered as purchased.
- Targeted: We focus on placements that have healthcare content and are non-advertorial in nature.
If you’re requesting a sponsorship instead of an advertisement, please apply for sponsorship
through our Community Health Improvement Fund.
If you have questions, please leave a message at (208) 381-9055.